Sept.2016 – Nov.2017
Responsible of web design, security, site maintenance and development projects for the following official education programmes at CERN:
- S’Cool LAB
- S’Cool LAB E-Learning Platform
- The Beamline for Schools
- High School Student Internship Programme
- Teacher Programmes
- Physics Education Research
- Provide internal technical user support, training, analyze of new and existing solutions that can contribute to improve existing business workflow within the section.
- Responsible on taking care of security maintenances, updates, acount management, back- and front end development of S’Cool LABs online learning platform (with 2500+ new users yearly).
- Technical documentations, reports and manuals, writing new and updating existing onces.
- IT-support for International Masterclasses.
- Laptops management for S’Cool LAB (Number: 100+ laptops).
- Cosmology (Students’ conceptions about cosmology) with Sarah Aretz.
I participated in selection of web technologies to handle online applications and technical procedure for S’Cool LABs 1st summer camp and Teachers Programmes. I have been involved in part of the selections process of students to the S’Cool LAB summer CAMP 2017 and online procedure on registrations of selected candidates.
Core projects completed:
- Deployment, configurations and web development of a new S’Cool LABs E-learning platform: Moodle using OpenStack, CentOS, Apache and PHP7.
- Database migration and backup of the old E-learning platform.
- Moodle integration with CERN Single-Sign-On (SSO) using SAML/Shibboleth.
- A new S’Cool LAB website that fulfilled the following requirements: User friendly navigation, internal page restrictions for selected e-group members, implemented the workflow for submissions that handled large amounts of user data(2000+ applicants in 2017) for the 1.st. editions Summer CAMP and S’Cool LAB Days. (Link here for mentions and after)
- TSP website: Applications submissions for the 2 Teacher Programmes: HST and ITW. (Link here for mentions)
- HSSIP: Web design and created a new website with English and French language support.
- BL4S: Improved the website structure and page designs. Application submissions for the competition 2018 with international address field logistics.
- Design and development of a particle physics education game: “PARTICLE IDENTITIES“. (Launched for a Science and Tech conference in Geneva, “Expanding Your Horizon 2017“.)
- S‘Cool LAB Room Control Interface (Home Assistant – Python, YAML & Polymer).